- August 11, 2020
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Law
French citizenship can be acquired by foreigners who join the French Residence Permit Program and live in the country for at least 3 years. A set of rules and regulations should be attentively measured by foreigners interested in making investments in the country and obtain French citizenship. One of our French immigration lawyers can give full support and legal advice for those interested in this program and also for citizens who want to enter France with a visa.
What are the conditions for obtaining French citizenship?
France Citizenship by Investment is the type of program that addresses high and ultra-high net worth individuals who can make large investments in this country. The eligibility criteria stipulate that an investment of at least EUR 10 million in commercial or industrial assets should be made, on long-term. Such amount can be made from personal sources or with the help of a company if the shareholder owns at least 30% of the capital of the firm. Here is extra information about the French citizenship and the conditions through which it can be acquired:
- The 10-year economic residence permit is granted for non-speculative investments made on the long-term in France.
- Such investments can be made in collaboration with other partners too.
- The French authorities have the right to verify the criminal record and also the source of funds.
- The citizenship is granted after 3 years of living in France with a permanent residence permit.
- Family members are also included in the investment program.
The conditions of investments can be clearly explained by one of our French immigration lawyers. The legal advice and support for France citizenship by investment should be considered from the beginning because the legislation might not be deeply understood by foreigners.
What is the Talent Passport Scheme?
The Talent Passport Scheme replaced the Economic Residence Permit program in 2016, in order to encourage specific categories of citizens and entrepreneurs interested in relocating to France. This program addresses company creators, highly qualified workers, investors with innovative projects, graduates in France and it is meant to simplify as much as possible the entire immigration process and focus on a wide range of encouragements in this area. An investment of at least EUR 300,000 in intangible or tangible fixed assets and creating jobs for French citizens, these are two important conditions linked to the Talent Passport Scheme.
Those who do not comply with this scheme can find out more about the general residence permit in France from our lawyers.
Can I invest in the real estate sector for gaining French citizenship?
No, there is no real estate investment program in France, therefore, buying a property in France will not be considered an investment that eases the path for obtaining citizenship. If you would like to know more about how to acquire French citizenship, you are invited to talk to one of our immigration lawyers in France.
The French Investment Visa
The French Investment Visa is the starting point for gaining French citizenship. Specific documents must be prepared prior to the application for this type of visa:
- A copy of the valid passport.
- A copy of the certificate of marriage, if any.
- The long-stay visa application.
- Proof of the recent play of stay.
- Documents of dependants involved in the visa application.
Your documents and visa application can be handled by one of our French immigration attorneys, so if you are interested in obtaining the French Investment Visa, feel free to talk to our advisors right from the beginning.
Relocating to France
France is a popular destination that provides a great business climate plus excellent standards of living and a carefree lifestyle. Numerous foreigners choose to relocate to the country using a residence permit in France because of business purposes or for the wide range of possibilities in the employment field where the relaxed labor laws are appreciated on an international level. The well-developed infrastructure, the appealing tax system, and the stable economy represent important reasons to believe that France is a good place for relocation. Here are some facts and numbers that explain the economic situation of France:
- the total FDI stock for France in 2018 was around USD 825,000 million.
- France ranks 32nd out of 190 economies in the world, according to the 2020 Doing Business report issued by the World Bank.
- most of the foreign investments come from the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and the UK.
- around 33,000 foreign citizens were granted the French work visa in 2018.
France Citizenship by Investment program can be explained by our team of immigration lawyers in France, so please feel free to contact us at any time.